Products (All by Too Faced Cosmetics): Natural Flirt Make Up Bag ($10 value) / Petite Pouf Retractible Powder Brush ($15 value) / “Caribbean in a Compact” Deluxe Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer in (Satin Suntan/Rich Satin Bronze) (0.08 0z) ($30 value) / Queen Mascara (0.5 fl oz) ($30 value)
THE WINNER IS ERIKA GREENE! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your address so we can ship it to you! 🙂 Congrats!
- Bag- This coated-satin mini makeup bag features feminine black ruffles and oversized bows. It won’t fit all full size brushes since it’s only eight inches long, so it’s best used for travel or touching up make-up on the go.
- Brush- This charming little brush is a petite three inches. It works as portable tool for powders, bronzers, and blush. It has a retractable barrel that holds left over product for touch-ups. All while conveniently keeping make-up bags mess free. It’s even made from their signature “Teddy Bear Hair” that’s cruelty-free, synthetic and extremely soft.
- Bronzer- Too Faced Says: “Dust yourself with this perfectly tan-like bronzer. Enjoy year round bronzed perfection with the most natural and skin perfecting glow this side of the Caribbean. The silky golden warmth combined with a pink under toned bronze mimics a natural tan without any of the orangey ick! So save you skin and stop harassing your travel agent, and fake your bake like a Hollywood Starlet!”
All Photos & Certain Descriptions Property of Too Faced
- Mascara- Too Faced Says: “Our gigantic, dual-helix brush and keratin-infused, curl-setting formula work synergistically to create magnificent, multi dimensional lashes instantly! The massive, corkscrew-shaped brush boasts both long, lengthening bristles and short, volumizing fibers to grab, coat, and condition every single lash for a lavish, layered effect.”
We are big fans of Too Faced Cosmetics around here. The packaging is always adorable and luxe, while the quality is just as impressive. We have fallen in love with all of the products above, and think you will too! It’s your lucky day because we are giving away these products to one of our readers! Follow the steps below to enter! Each step counts as 1 entry. The more steps the more entires! 5 total entries per person!
1. Follow our Instagram account: @thedesertmermaids.
2. Screen shot and post our giveaway picture on Instagram and tag 3 friends!
3. “Like” our page on Facebook: The Desert Mermaids & share our giveaway post on FB!
4. Leave a comment on our FB page about which item you’re most excited about!
5. Leave a comment on this blog post saying which steps you’ve competed!
The winner will be announced next Friday! Good luck!
The Desert Mermaids
Top: Chaser | Skirt : James Perse | Shoes: Steve Madden (want these) | Sunglasses: Wildfox “La Femme” | Upper Arm Cuff: LUXDIVINE | Earrings: Nordstrom | Lips: Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar “Black Dahlia”
I know I know, gladiator sandals have been around for awhile, but I’m happy about it. I love the metallic color of these ones and the price point isn’t bad either. Gladiator sandals, tall or short, really do add that unexpected element to an outfit which I’m all about. Speaking of price points, I love a great comfy t-shirt and I could go on and on about Chaser LA t-shirts! However, I will spare you the novel and simply say: they are soft, affordable and AMAZING!
Something else that I have been obsessing over are these upper arm cuffs. I mean HELLO aren’t they adorable? I received an Etsy gift card for my birthday awhile back and couldn’t wait to go purchase myself one, or two. I think everyone should indulge in one fun piece and these arm bands are it for me! Checked that one off my list.
Hope you like my post and as Christian Louboutin would say, “Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally.” Ain’t that the truth.
Dress: Ted Baker | Purse: Rebecca Minkoff (similar) | Heels: Steve Madden | Sunglasses: Wildfox Couture (similar) | Earrings: J Crew Factory | Rings: Gifted | Bracelets: J Crew Factory, Kate Spade (eBay), Stella & Dot |
I start my final fall semester tomorrow! I’m so excited to see what this semester has in store for me, but I’m going to miss this summer even more. I’m such a summer girl and am never ready for fall and winter. So I’m trying to hold on the last and final shreds of it while I still can. This dress is so summery and bright and will always remind me of this special trip with my sister, Krystal, and my little brother in California.
This dress is simply amazing! I thought it would go perfectly with nude, strappy heels and these ones are super sexy and affordable. Steve Madden always pulls through, and I have many, many shoes from his line to prove it. I’m listening to the new Coldplay album while writing this post and this song featuring Rihanna is on repeat. It reminds my of my trip to California a few weeks ago with two of my siblings because we were playing it constantly. I think it totally fits the mood of this cigarette dress as well.
I also am loving how my pastel, purple hair pops against the pinks, blues and greens in this dress and picks up the purple hues too. It was still wet (my hair takes FOREVER to dry) so Krystal whipped it into this messy Dutch braid for the pictures. Braids are so great because even when they are meant to look undone, they still appear polished.
Swimsuit: Seafolly | Sunglasses: Wildfox “La Femme Deluxe” | Hat: Target | Shoes: Sam Edelman “Glinda” | Lipstick: Obsessive Compulsive Lip-Tar “NSFW“
Let me tell you, I LOVE a good one-piece! I mean LOVE. And you simply can’t go wrong with a black and white print! So a black and white one-piece is an all around win-win in my book! #WINNING! My absolute favorite thing about one-pieces though are their versatility. They can be sexy, demure, comfortable or just plain convenient. (Like on those days you’re already bloated but that burrito washed down with a coke from lunch makes you look 6 months pregnant. No? Just me? Okay moving on…) It honestly just depends on what purpose you want it to serve. This one I’m currently wearing has a low-cut back, which is flattering for my body type. It also features an adorable bow that ties around the neck! The one thing about swimsuits, I’m sure most of you can attest to this, is that you have to try on many before you find that perfect fit. But once you do, you just know it’s the one for you! 😉
Jumpsuit: Ted Baker (similar) | Shoes: Latitude Femme (similar) | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Bracelets: (OLDER) | Lipstick: Obsessive Compulsive Lip-Tar in “Mannequin”
We stayed near a dock during our vacation in California. All of the white boats and yachts of varying sizes sitting on the water was so picturesque and calming. We decided it would be a perfect background for an outfit post and walked over (it was literally steps from our door) to snap a few pictures. How easy is a one-piece playsuit? Well, you basically just throw it on, add some accessories and boom you have a fab outfit in 10 minutes! I have had this Ted Baker piece for a little while so unfortunately it is sold out. Luckily, there are so many jumpsuits out on the market right now. I am dying to get my hands on this one and this one . My advice is to get in your car and head to the nearest department store or do what I do and online shop and get yourself an amazing jumpsuit that you feel fierce in and work it!