IMG_1060 IMG_1052 IMG_1050 IMG_1035 IMG_1032 IMG_1027 IMG_1016 IMG_1012 IMG_1009 IMG_1003 IMG_0998 IMG_0995 IMG_0979 IMG_0976 Top: Wildfox (similar herehere & here) | Shorts: Levi’s | Sandals: Steve Madden | Diet Coke Purse | Sunnies: Wildfox | Earrings: Nordstrom | Necklaces: Kris Nations (+ similar here), Stella & Dot | Watch: Michael Kors (similar) | Bracelets: Michael Kors (similar), ASOS, Stella & Dot (+ here), Alex & Ani (+ here, here, here & here) | Rings: Gifted, Marcia Moran (similar here & here), James Michelle | Lippie: MAC “Brave” + Liner: MAC “Whirl” | Nails: OPI “Do You Lilac It?”

I hope you all are enjoying your Labor Day! My husband and I both had the day off from work and it has been so relaxing! A lot has transpired since my last post, most importantly, I started my new job, which I’m loving, and my yorkie, Lola, had her puppies! It’s a pretty crazy story actually. On Sunday night, the night before I started my new job, I had a feeling that she would have her puppies soon. She had started to portray the tell-tale signs of nesting over the past week such as furiously digging in her whelping box. But at around midnight that night she began panting and I knew it was going to happen that night. I stayed up with her until 1:30 a.m. but not much activity had occurred, and since I had to be up at 6:30 a.m. for my new job, I decide to try and get some sleep. I woke up in a panic at around 2:30 a.m. and ran out to see if she had made any progress. I looked inside her whelping box and inside was a tiny, glossy black puppy nestled right into her and she was in the process of pushing out the second! I had read numerous articles, watched multiple videos online in order to prepare myself for this, i.e. what materials to have on hand, what to look out for, when to step-in if needed, but she really didn’t need my assistance at all! The only thing that I did was rub them with a towel to make sure they were nice and dry and that all of the sac came off, used an aspirator to remove any left-over amniotic fluid from their mouths and snout, cut their umbilical cords if Lola didn’t chew them off close enough, and tied floss around them to stop the bleeding. I took her to the vet two days in a row just a few days prior because she was experiencing alarming symptoms such as loose stools, nausea, loss of appetite, but they turned out to be regular pregnancy symptoms. I also had them give her an X-Ray and was able to see three little puppies in her belly! I originally wasn’t going to get one, but in hindsight, I’m glad I did because it gave me peace of mind during her labor. I was worried about the last one, though, because the X-Ray showed one of them was going to be breech. But she pushed out the last one with ease and within 30-45 minutes of me waking up. I also had an inkling that she was going to have three puppies, and I told everyone in my family that if she did, and there were two boys and one girl, I was going to name them after my three grandparents that had passed away. Well, she had exactly two boys and one girl, so I named them Ernest, Marvin and Ilene! Ernest is the smallest, Marvin is the biggest and Ilene is the girl in between! My life these last two weeks has consisted of waking up, checking on Lola/puppies, going to work, coming home and checking on Lola/puppies. But I’m soaking up every minute and enjoy watching them eat/sleep! They’re exactly two weeks old today and all three of them have opened their eyes now, so the fun stage is coming soon!



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.