The fairies came out to play with me in this last photo!
Jumpsuit: Olive & Oak (similar)| Heels: Jeffrey Campbell (similar) | Sunnies: Wildfox (obsessed) | Necklaces: “starfish” Juicy Couture, “dream” Ariella Collection, “unicorn” Dogeard | Watch: Micheal Kors | Starfish Cuff: Windsor (similar) | Rings: Gifted | Earrings: Towne & Reese
We took these pictures in San Diego about three weeks ago and I’m just posting them now. I’ve been really busy with class this week and looking at these pictures are making me have withdrawals. Bad. I love Arizona, don’t get me wrong, but I am happiest near the ocean. The salty air, the ocean breeze, the way your skin and hair soak up the moisture. Or maybe it’s just perma-parched from the scorching desert heat… I feel such a sense of calm just knowing I am close to it. I want to move there one day, but I know I would miss Arizona and it’s familiarity.
I love jumpsuits. I love rompers. I love skorts. Does anyone else remember those? I’m pretty sure they are in the jumpsuit and romper family, and if they’re not, they should be. They should make a comeback because seriously, what’s more convenient than having shorts permanently attached to the inside of your skirt. You don’t have to stress about flashing anyone. You can open the button on the side and “SURPRISE!” there’s really shorts underneath no need to worry guys. I know you thought you were going to see my underwear but nope, shorts to the rescue! And then everyone erupts into complete and utter chaos. Yep. That’s probably why they went extinct because there was pandemonium every time someone wore them.
Uhm… anyway. I was not expecting to go off on a tangent about skorts. Sorry guys. Weird day, huh?
I know I said earlier that pink is my favorite color. But mint is constantly playing a tug of war with pink in my brain. Surprisingly, I have more of a mint colored scheme going on in my closet than pink. I guess I feel too “Barbie” when I wear a ton of pink. Or people think I’m trying to be Legally Blonde or something. I adore Barbie and Elle Woods, obviously. But it can be total overkill if I wear it too often.
PS: Make sure to enter our giveaway we posted yesterday! $85 of Too Faced Cosmetics!
Products (All by Too Faced Cosmetics): Natural Flirt Make Up Bag ($10 value) / Petite Pouf Retractible Powder Brush ($15 value) / “Caribbean in a Compact” Deluxe Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer in (Satin Suntan/Rich Satin Bronze) (0.08 0z) ($30 value) / Queen Mascara (0.5 fl oz) ($30 value)
THE WINNER IS ERIKA GREENE! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your address so we can ship it to you! 🙂 Congrats!
- Bag- This coated-satin mini makeup bag features feminine black ruffles and oversized bows. It won’t fit all full size brushes since it’s only eight inches long, so it’s best used for travel or touching up make-up on the go.
- Brush- This charming little brush is a petite three inches. It works as portable tool for powders, bronzers, and blush. It has a retractable barrel that holds left over product for touch-ups. All while conveniently keeping make-up bags mess free. It’s even made from their signature “Teddy Bear Hair” that’s cruelty-free, synthetic and extremely soft.
- Bronzer- Too Faced Says: “Dust yourself with this perfectly tan-like bronzer. Enjoy year round bronzed perfection with the most natural and skin perfecting glow this side of the Caribbean. The silky golden warmth combined with a pink under toned bronze mimics a natural tan without any of the orangey ick! So save you skin and stop harassing your travel agent, and fake your bake like a Hollywood Starlet!”
All Photos & Certain Descriptions Property of Too Faced
- Mascara- Too Faced Says: “Our gigantic, dual-helix brush and keratin-infused, curl-setting formula work synergistically to create magnificent, multi dimensional lashes instantly! The massive, corkscrew-shaped brush boasts both long, lengthening bristles and short, volumizing fibers to grab, coat, and condition every single lash for a lavish, layered effect.”
We are big fans of Too Faced Cosmetics around here. The packaging is always adorable and luxe, while the quality is just as impressive. We have fallen in love with all of the products above, and think you will too! It’s your lucky day because we are giving away these products to one of our readers! Follow the steps below to enter! Each step counts as 1 entry. The more steps the more entires! 5 total entries per person!
1. Follow our Instagram account: @thedesertmermaids.
2. Screen shot and post our giveaway picture on Instagram and tag 3 friends!
3. “Like” our page on Facebook: The Desert Mermaids & share our giveaway post on FB!
4. Leave a comment on our FB page about which item you’re most excited about!
5. Leave a comment on this blog post saying which steps you’ve competed!
The winner will be announced next Friday! Good luck!
The Desert Mermaids
Top: Chaser | Skirt : James Perse | Shoes: Steve Madden (want these) | Sunglasses: Wildfox “La Femme” | Upper Arm Cuff: LUXDIVINE | Earrings: Nordstrom | Lips: Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar “Black Dahlia”
I know I know, gladiator sandals have been around for awhile, but I’m happy about it. I love the metallic color of these ones and the price point isn’t bad either. Gladiator sandals, tall or short, really do add that unexpected element to an outfit which I’m all about. Speaking of price points, I love a great comfy t-shirt and I could go on and on about Chaser LA t-shirts! However, I will spare you the novel and simply say: they are soft, affordable and AMAZING!
Something else that I have been obsessing over are these upper arm cuffs. I mean HELLO aren’t they adorable? I received an Etsy gift card for my birthday awhile back and couldn’t wait to go purchase myself one, or two. I think everyone should indulge in one fun piece and these arm bands are it for me! Checked that one off my list.
Hope you like my post and as Christian Louboutin would say, “Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally.” Ain’t that the truth.
Dress: Ted Baker | Purse: Rebecca Minkoff (similar) | Heels: Steve Madden | Sunglasses: Wildfox Couture (similar) | Earrings: J Crew Factory | Rings: Gifted | Bracelets: J Crew Factory, Kate Spade (eBay), Stella & Dot |
I start my final fall semester tomorrow! I’m so excited to see what this semester has in store for me, but I’m going to miss this summer even more. I’m such a summer girl and am never ready for fall and winter. So I’m trying to hold on the last and final shreds of it while I still can. This dress is so summery and bright and will always remind me of this special trip with my sister, Krystal, and my little brother in California.
This dress is simply amazing! I thought it would go perfectly with nude, strappy heels and these ones are super sexy and affordable. Steve Madden always pulls through, and I have many, many shoes from his line to prove it. I’m listening to the new Coldplay album while writing this post and this song featuring Rihanna is on repeat. It reminds my of my trip to California a few weeks ago with two of my siblings because we were playing it constantly. I think it totally fits the mood of this cigarette dress as well.
I also am loving how my pastel, purple hair pops against the pinks, blues and greens in this dress and picks up the purple hues too. It was still wet (my hair takes FOREVER to dry) so Krystal whipped it into this messy Dutch braid for the pictures. Braids are so great because even when they are meant to look undone, they still appear polished.