Sunglasses Case: Rebecca Minkoff | Cream: Estée Lauder | Book: #GIRLBOSS | Bracelet: J Crew Factory (on sale!) | Foundation: Estée Lauder | Lipstick: MAC “Brave” | Powder: Estée Lauder | Lipstick: MAC “Up the Amp” | Lipstick: MAC: “Sweet Experience” | Earrings: J Crew Factory (on sale!) | Sponge: beautyblender (sold out) buy here | Necklace: J Crew Factory (on sale!)
Sorry we have been MIA this past week. We just got back from an amazing vacation in California. Tons of beach/outfit pics coming soon! We took these pictures during a stay-cation a couple of weeks ago in Arizona at Desert Ridge. It is one of our favorite resorts in the Valley. The items featured are must-haves/obsessions/favorites. And we think you absolutely need them too.
1. This Rebeca Minkoff sunglasses case is the best ever. It’s made of real leather and lightly padded to protect your sunnies so you know it’s quality. The neon pink is vibrant and the gold detail and tasseled zipper adds the perfect touch. Even the inside features a cute print which is why all Rebecca Minkoff is to die.
2. I actually have the sample size (o.5 oz) of this Estée Lauder cream because it was a gift with purchase during the anniversary sale. It smells nice and fresh and is complete heaven on my currently sunburned-from-california face. I love anything with anti-oxidants and SPF for the protection they provide. However, the only thing is I don’t know if I would be willing to plunk down $50 for 1.7 oz. Yet, I don’t have any face creams for day-time, so it would be great to have on hand for added hydration and protection, especially when your face is Sahara desert parched like mine is now.
3. I just finished this book in California and it was the perfect beach read! It gave me a boost of motivation to be my own #GIRLBOSS. Self-help or how-to type of books aren’t my cup of tea. I am more of the fantasy/fiction type of reader, but it’s not necessarily in that category which is why I really liked it. This book came at a perfect time for me and I definitely will be applying the knowledge I gained in the near future.
4. I wanted a crystal bracelet but didn’t want to spend too much so J. Crew Factory was the place to go for this bracelet! I think I bought it 50% off too so it was super cheap, but it doesn’t look like it! I love the vintage look to it, almost like belongs in 1920’s. I can definitely picture Daisy rocking it on her wrist in The Great Gatsby.
5. This Estée Lauder foundation is like nothing I have ever tried. I have sensitive skin and am always worried about make up causing break outs. Everything I have used in the past was either bareMinerals, tinted foundation or bb cream. But I wanted something with more coverage than what I was getting with all of those products. This is perfect for me. I don’t break out from it and it covers up everything I want without looking cakey. It’s pricer than my bb cream but it’s not for every day wear and a little goes a long way!
6. I bought this MAC “Brave” lipstick because of the whole “Kylie Jenner lip” craze right now. If you don’t know who she is or what that is… do yourself a huge favor and go look it up. Please. She has the best lips ever (real or fake) and I’m diggin’ the 90’s vibe she’s giving off too. But don’t worry, it’s not too mauve or brown (see Jennifer Anniston in Season 1 of Friends.) (Although that’s probably coming back too!) It’s more of a warm, pinky nude.
7. I purchased this Estée Lauder powder to go with the foundation. I absolutely think you can’t have one without the other. This powder is similar to the Mineral Veil from bareMinerals in the way it sets your foundation. But this does more than set, it completely locks it in! They’re not joking around when they say “Double-Wear” and “Stay-in-Place.” I have to wash my face at least two times to get it all off at the end of the day and I barely have to use anything too! The difference from before I use it and after is night and day. It makes my face much more “matte” which is major right now.
8. This MAC “Up the Amp” lipstick is a medium purple/berry/fuchsia color. I love that it doesn’t scream, “HEY GUYS I HAVE PURPLE LIPSTICK ON MY LIPS!” the way Heroine does. It’s creamy and dreamy and glides on your lips like butter. Bonus: It looks beyond with my purple hair. I’m really crushing on the color purple right now I suppose…
9. This MAC “Sweet Experience” lipstick is interesting. It was a limited edition from the “Playland” collection which of course makes it much more enticing. It is the prettiest light coral/pink color in the tube but on my lips I think it washes me out. Maybe it’s because of my fair skin or sheer sheerness of it… (get it?) You guys will have to let me know what you think if/when I wear it in an outfit post. 🙂
10. I bought these earrings to go with the bracelet. They are definitely statement earrings but because they are medium sized they aren’t too over the top. Again, they look much more expensive than they actually are. They dress up any outfit and go with just about everything so I will be adorning these darlings quite a bit.
11. Nothing compares to the beauty blender. It isn’t just a sponge. It is a revolutionary tool that has forever changed the way make up will be applied for years to come. Uhm… yes I’m being dramatic. Sort of. Not really. In all seriousness, it actually is the best make up tool and so so easy to use! A. run it under water then squeeze out the excess. B. dip it into your foundation and watch as it melts into your skin effortlessly. Your makeup suddenly looks airbrushed and blends so easily that you’ll never have to worry about weird lines on your jaw and neck again. I purchased the sponge/cleanser set during the Nordstrom sale. It was $22.95 but the sponge alone is normally $19.95. So basically I paid $3 extra for a tiny circle of soap and a dumb phone charm that I immediately threw away because I would never be caught dead with it. I’m just hoping the soap it came with has some extra special powers I don’t know about. The set isn’t available anymore but you didn’t miss out on anyting since you can just buy the sponge by itself here and use dish soap or soap you have sitting by your sink at home.
12. I also purchased this necklace to go with the bracelet and earrings. By now I’m sure you’re starting to see a theme here… And you’re probably surprised I didn’t get a crystal ring to make a complete set! Okay guys I’m not thattttt obvious. I like to keep people guessing every once in a while. (Ahem.) But anyway, before the earrings and bracelet, I wanted a crystal statement necklace! I liked the detail on this one: every flower crystal is different! It made it look unique and expensive. I personally feel this necklace is the missing link to an otherwise boring outfit that needs a flashy accessory to amp it up.
1. I love everything Wildfox and really who wouldn’t want heart shaped sunglasses? This brand emulates free spiritedness, something that I’m not, but whenever I put something Wildfox, it makes me believe that I am.
2. I’m a sucker for jewels, especially in an eye catching color like this one! Necklaces are definitely my favorite accessory because they can class up an outfit in a cinch.
3. If you don’t own a Too Faced Palette… run, don’t walk, to your nearest Sephora! The fun colors are not only long-lasting but easy to apply. They were practically glide on your eyelids, minus the annoying fallout. And with such a vast variety of hues, it makes me feel like I’m opening a present instead of a make-up kit!
4. Where do even I start with this liquid gold they call maracuja oil? I love that it is 100% pure, organic and rich in Vitamin C. It isn’t greasy and doesn’t leave a film like other oils do. I find if I massage in a few drops before applying my make-up that it makes my skin smoother, firmer and brighter. It’s my (not so) secret elixir to combat aging, inflammation, and dehydration.
4. I gravitate towards MAC’s lipsticks and lip-liners. Could it be the affordable price point? Or possibly the butter smooth application? Or just maybe the fact that they last forever? How about all of the above. 🙂 I found myself at the MAC counter recently because I was in desperate need of a liner that was just a touch darker than a neutral. This one was a match made in heaven next to my fair skin. The Viva Glam V lipstick is a neutral pinky pearl and it honestly compliments every skin tone! It’s also a lustre, so it goes on a bit lighter making it the perfect option on those occasions where you don’t feel like putting too much on. I personally think the the matte liner and lustrous lipstick make one dynamic duo!